The Most Thorough General Home Inspections In Palm Beach, Broward and Dade Counties
Get It Done Right
If you’re buying a home, the last thing you want after taking occupancy is to find out that the roof leaks, the attic has termite damage, the plumbing has no water pressure or the appliances are on their last legs. This is why having a top-to-bottom comprehensive home inspection (i.e. a complete conditions home inspection) – by a licensed, insured and experienced home inspection company – is so important.
Diversified Home Inspections has performed over 36,000 inspections since 1998. Home buyers, real estate agents, investors and real estate lawyers all appreciate our…
- Team Approach – The roof and termite portions of your general home inspection will be completed by licensed roofing and termite specialists.
- Building Expertise – Our professionals are Licensed & Insured Registered Building Inspectors and have hands-on building experience.
- Thoroughness – Known for the most thorough and comprehensive general inspections in South Florida.
- Detailed Reports– Including line-by-line cost estimates for recommended repairs.
Need an Even Higher Level of Expertise?
Let us know if you are considering making major structural changes to the property after purchase, or have reason to believe that the structure may not have been properly built. For these situations our owner, Licensed General Contractor Rick Ansbaugh is available to be part of the home inspection team.
All Types of General Home Inspections are Available
For homes in Palm Beach, Broward or Dade County, Diversified Home Inspections offers:
- Complete Conditions Residential Inspections – Protect your potential investment and make an informed purchase decision.
- Re-inspections – Check the quality and integrity of repairs that the seller made…before escrow closes.
- Listing Inspections – Learn about the current condition of your home before you list it for sale.
- New Home Progressive Inspections – Ensure things are being done right during the construction phase.
- New Home Construction Inspections – Get a comprehensive structural and cosmetic inspection once construction is complete.
What’s Included in Your General Home Inspection:
|Full House||Townhouse||Condo||New Home|
(walls, windows, doors, ceilings)
The Details of What Will Be Inspected
This will be a non-invasive inspection based solely on what is visible and easily accessible at the time of inspection.
Your inspection report, which will be distributed to both you (the purchaser) and your real estate agent unless otherwise specified, will include the inspector’s findings on the following:
|Roof||Inspection is performed by a licensed roofing contractor. Roof is checked for (a) any evidence of previous or active leaks and (b) the condition of the roof covering.|
|Termite||Inspection is performed by a licensed exterminator. Building is checked for any evidence of wood-destroying organisms, including termites.|
|Attic Area||Attic area is inspected for proper insulation, separated seams, duct work, electrical, hurricane straps and structural integrity of the roof system.|
|Electrical||Where accessible, receptacles are tested for proper wiring and ground. A visual check is done on electrical panels, fan wiring and any exposed wiring that is not to code. Timers are checked for correct wiring and movement.|
|Air Conditioning||Air conditioner is checked for proper cooling, drainage and rust.|
|Heater||Heater is checked for proper heating, drainage and rust.|
|Plumbing||A visual check is made on visible pipes, faucets and valves to check for proper drainage as well as any visible leaks or water stains. Water heaters are checked for proper operation and visible deficiencies.|
|Appliances||Appliances are checked for proper operation and visible deficiencies.|
(walls, windows, doors, ceilings)
|All interior and exterior walls, ceilings, doors, windows, patio and screened enclosures are visually examined.|
|Grounds||The patios, walkways, pool decks and fencing are inspected, and the grounds are checked grading adequacy.|
|Sprinkler Systems||Sprinkler systems are checked for proper water coverage and for equipment condition|
|Pool Inspection||Pools are checked for any visual defects or exposed gunite, and for equipment condition.|
|Cosmetic Issues||For New Home Inspections only, cosmetic items – including scratches, mars, paint, grout color consistencies, chips and nicks – are checked throughout the property.|
The Diversified Home Inspections Difference
Diversified is one of the largest South Florida inspection companies that provide a team approach to residential and commercial inspections, with licensed specialists performing roof, termite, environmental and other specialized inspections. In addition, we’re known for being:
We’ll even hold a time slot in our schedule while you finish shopping around!
Have the seller make any needed repairs, or negotiate a lower purchase price to cover repair costs.
Avoid Unwelcome Surprises
Know what condition the house is in, when major items are likely to need replacement, and more.
Order Additional Inspections
- Insurance Inspections
- Commercial Inspections
- Septic Inspections
- Seawall Inspections
- Well & Water Inspections
- Mold & Fungus Inspections
- Swimming Pool Inspections
- Radon Inspections
- Lead-Based Paint Inspections
- Chinese Toxic Drywall Inspections
- Asbestos Testing
- Mitigation Inspections
- 4 Point Inspections
- Roof Certification Inspections
Hire a Reputable Home Inspection Company